Saturday, April 7, 2012

Altered Egg

I was playing and made this little egg last week.  I figured I’d better get this posted since tomorrow is Easter!




I made the egg by covering those little plastic easter eggs with fabric, glue and miscellaneous embellishments


I recently took a great class from Melissa Frances at Scrapbook Island, and I had one of the Melissa Frances’ nests and her paper tissue (not sure what it’s actually called) so I thought the egg would look nice sitting in the nest.

The inside of the egg is decorated with Tim Holtz’s tissue tape and is ready to fill with candies.  I would have taken a picture of the inside of the egg for you, but my camera battery was flashing “no battery” so I was lucky to get these two pictures up and loaded.  

So what do you think?  I love them – I think I’ll make more for next year! 

Now back to painting for me!  See that table the egg is sitting on?  I painted and distressed it, and added a French decal to it – and it’s headed to the Paris Flea Market next weekend!  

Hope you have a nice Easter! 

2 comments:

Leah said...

oh i LOVE IT!

joybear said...

Love the egg, ohhhhhhhh the table is going to be AWESOME..Happy Easter!