Thursday, December 4, 2008

Playing with Glimmer Mist


Wow, it looks like I was in Portland for a long time - like two months! But no, it's just been a while since I've updated my blog. Portland was certainly fun. I need to get busy soldering stuff before I forget how.

Today, I played with Glimmer Mists, their stencils, and of course charms from ACharmingPlace.com.

I sprayed the tags with two colors of Glimmer Mist, put down the stencil and sprayed with a third color, heat set it and then stamped the tag with a script stamp.

The flowers are made from coffee filters that I sprayed with two colors of Glimmer Mist, heat set, scrunched and then folded the coffee filter in half, and then in half again and tore out the center. I was left with an "O" and then tore the "O" in half and made two flowers out of it (the two tags on the right). The tag on the left, I tore a little less out of the center of the coffee filter, so the flower is larger. The flower centers are glue dots covered with german glass glitter.

For the "Joy" tag, I sprayed glimmer mist on the chipboard letters, heat set, and then embossed them with clear embossing powder. While the embossing powder was still warm, I stamped into it with a script stamp inked with gold ink, and edged them with a gold Krylon pen.

The frames are transparencies that I edged with a gold Krylon pen, and added my favorite swirl charms.

It was fun! I'm going to work on a glimmer mist book cover next. Hopefully, it won't be another two months before I post again!

1 comment:

joybear said...

Beautiful...oh sooooooooooo beautiful!
BTW did you ever show us what you made in Portland? Glad it was fun!!